Purpose: The purpose of the United Kansas Conference shall be to foster and administer an organization for sponsoring interscholastic school activities and promoting good relations among member schools. To raise the standards of good sportsmanship and encourage growth of good citizenship for all parties who come into contact with school activities.
The United Kansas Conference (UKC) is a conference of member schools of the Kansas State High School Athletics Association (KSHSAA), and abides by the governing rules listed by the KSHSAA (Specifically, Rule 52). In addition, the UKC also adheres to the following policies, procedures, and expectations:
It is the expectation that all concerned, at any high school event:
- Promote high standards of ethics, sportsmanship, and personal conduct.
- Encourage administration, coaches, staff, student-athletes, and community to commit to high standards of ethical behavior.
- Display respect and integrity for all officials, players, coaches, and spectators.
- Promote eligibility standards for each student-athlete understanding that athletic participation is a privilege for those who achieve in the classroom first.
- Recognize that high school athletics are an extension of the classroom and to promote physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of each student-athlete.
- Maintain the boundaries of the athletic contest to ensure the safety of the athletes, officials, coaches, and spectators.
- Utilize positive means of communication and refrain from abusive language and gestures.
Inability to adhere to the aforementioned expectations could lead to the removal of any participant in attendance of the contest and indefinite suspension from high school contests.